View Single Post
Old 2013-01-07, 23:03   Link #24
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Well if that is coming late to the party then I guess this is not going at all, right?

I still want to say something.

Overall I give the series a: 7/10

It is a very good series. Even when, if I come down to it, could be consider just another shonen. There is something on Accel World that made me like it even when the story is something I am sure I have seen already and the characters, while not bad, weren’t that interesting. Even the looks of the anime while really clean, nice and a very interesting take on the future I may add, wasn’t all that impressive or new. So, in short, I am not sure why I ended up liking the series as I did to the point I can’t compare it to others I have seen and forget rather fast. There has to be something.

So I love it. The fights, the setting, the game, the over the top and yet somehow fitting dialogue, etc. Is just made everything right to aim for an enjoyable and simple story with some interesting things to add some flavor on it. The Brain Buster program and its obvious benefits make it really easy to understand why anyone will always want to keep such power and even the Accel World itself was addicted enough to make us all see what is so appealing, for the characters, to have such things.

And that being say I do think the characters are nice. Most people seem to mind Haru because of his odd and deform looks; I mean the guy has the body of a fat garden gnome, but aside from that he does fit his role. Is strange to see how he gets so many cute and beautiful ladies around him but to be fair there is something about his natural kindness and simple attitude that some girls could find interesting enough to at least like him a bit when they get to know him. Of course Kuroyukihime is really something and every single moment she was on screen I could not help it but like her. So really there is that.

About the other two I don’t have that much to say since even when Taku does participates more than Chiyu, his actions overall never quite get me interest until Nomi came to play and by that point we reach what many consider the worse part of the series. While I still enjoy some of it and the ending was just so neat that I am glad it happen, the part when Nomi is the antagonist is may less favorite part of all the story. And it comes down to the fact that is drag too long about Nomi and no about the real problem: the new Burst Linkers that we don’t see on the list of players. There was where the story really rest and no so much on Dust Taker.

Then again the show isn’t without flaws, many of them forgivable because it does keeps you entertain, and to me that is an anime main purpose. But it does keep it from being perfect or to deliver in a consistent quality. Most of my complains come to the setting and dialogue, because the last one really gets on the whole hero-knightly theme and the setting is not up for such strong words, the fact that Haru looks the way he does isn’t helping it by the way.

So in the end falls down to the fact I have such a good time watching it and is so easy to get in to the series that I can recommend it to any fan of the shonen anime. I mean I almost watch it half of it on one day, that is how well it entertain me.