View Single Post
Old 2006-04-17, 01:53   Link #13
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
Starship Operators. Except for some cheap scifi gimmicks, like that ship with the warp jump drone, it's quite realistic. The battles, at least up to the point I saw, took into account things like inertia, and the vastness of space, which are usually ignored in scifi in favor of "it looks cool".

Of course, I haven't seen the entire series yet. I was watching it up to the point it was licensed, and I haven't gotten around to buying the dvds yet.
Future episodes continue to explore more of the tactics unique to space combat that cannot be compared to earth combat.

In terms of sheer realism, there is no show that has ever equaled the combats of Starship Operators. I remember in one episode, they say it will take 3 days to enter firing range. Can anyone here recall any show that ever addressed the vastness of space so realistically? (And amazingly they keep up the tension in the story as well.) That is just a single example of what you'll encounter while watching this show.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote