View Single Post
Old 2010-11-02, 01:21   Link #18310
Kylon99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeckledorf View Post
I know, but I think it is more true that murders actually happened not related to Battler's sin. The red does not state that Battler's sin is the reason why everyone on the island died. If murders actually did take place, I think we can all agree that they and the bomb are completely unrelated.
Well, the red says:

妾が今、そなたに思い出すことを要求している罪は、右代宮戦人とベアトリーチェの間のものでは ない。
The sin I am now demanding that you remember is not between Ushiromiya Battler and Beatrice.

右代宮戦人には罪がある。
Ushiromiya Battler has a sin

そなたの罪で、人が死ぬ。
Because of your sin, people die. (This is referring to Battler's sin.)

そなたの罪により、この島の人間が、大勢死ぬ。誰も逃さぬ、全て死ぬ。
Due to your sin, a great many humans on this island die. No one escapes, all die.

This is the end of EP4 when Beatrice started using the red again. In a chapter that was called 'The Cause of the Tragedy'

I think I know what you're getting at and I think we're all looking at it this way. That Battler's sin isn't directly responsible but is kind of an excuse for someone else to commit the murders.

Having said that, I think if we're looking at George being the culprit (my friends just call him 'Culprit' now as his new name)... then... his jealousy against Battler may be a motive for him masterminding the destruction of the family... I believe we can find more of this idea in Judoh's signature.

右代宮戦人がもしも六軒島に戻ってこなかったら、事件は起こらなかった(復唱拒否)
If Ushiromiya Battler had not returned to Rokkenjima , the incident would not have happened. (Repeat in red refused.)

By the way, this is interesting. According to the portrayal of EP7 (and I'm not sure that it's to be trusted 100%) then Beatrice would've had no problems repeating this here. So did she just not want to repeat it because it upset her? Or...

Oh well.. should probably re-read 1-6 anyways...
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote