View Single Post
Old 2013-02-22, 02:13   Link #674
AmericanFairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
They censored the duo "Haruka / michiru" in the past for being "cousins​​" ... and in France they had Haruka a man ... just to censorship "yuri" that existed between Haruka and Michiru because they are not cousins ​​and Haruka is a REAL girl
Pfff
I was actually referring to current American cartoons, lol. When I was a kid they were much more strict.

I remember just how much Sailor Moon had been censored. And while I very much agree that it was horrible, the fact is that what I did see was nothing short of groundbreaking. There was nothing like this in American children's television. And with the internet I was able to get a better idea of what I was missing. So, by the time Sailor Moon S was dubbed I already had a good idea of what to expect. I knew that Haruka and Michiru were not cousins. That and the sudden inclusion of Japanese names (while still keeping the original characters English names) is why I found the misleading dub to be so amusing.

Like 4Tran said, I think that there are still some concepts in Sailor Moon that would still be considered pushing the envelope today. I seriously doubt that it would air on daytime television without a certain level of censorship. I don't think that most American audiences (really it's most American parents) would be able to handle it.