View Single Post
Old 2009-08-14, 20:10   Link #84
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy_Bread View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyannew View Post
Ugh, where's the "race isn't important" option?
Thank you.

Despite people tending to date people just because of a certain racial preference (for example here, seeing that this is an anime forum and some are affected by yellow fever)...I believe that love has no borders, including ones set up by races and ethnicities. The idea of dating a person just because he/she's this race is absolutely ridiculous.
I hope neither of you are implying that those of us that have a preference for girls (or guys) of a particular race only date people because of their race.

Complaining about the lack of a no preference option would be more on topic, seeing as the poll was never about whether race is important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
@0utf0xzer0
Hey my point is that all I'm doing is thinking about the advantages of being white, and those advantages make me think that there is some value in dating with a white mate, not to mention being able to confer my children with a white sounding last name is another benefit, so even if they look tan, they won't be subjugated by stereotypes based on their last name.
Well, you've got a point there, seeing as having an English name is an advantage more often than not even in a relatively low-racism city like Vancouver (although there are also jobs in this city where having an ethnic last name would be an advantage too, it's just not as common). I'm just pointing out that the assimilation thing goes both ways - and if people like me were to adopt thinking like that, you wouldn't be able to assimilate your genes into a white family because nobody would be willing to take them in.

(For some reason I'm really tempted to throw in an "overriding my genes" joke ending with "if you know what I mean...")
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote