View Single Post
Old 2009-09-26, 20:22   Link #2721
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

I finished "Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO" recently, which is regarded as the very best work of Kenno Yukihiro (who's my favorite writer), and it's currently the second highest rated game at Erogamescape... And I just can't find appropriate enough words to reflect how much of an epic game that is.
Seriously, during all my time I've spent on games and VNs (over 110 vns that is), that was the _BEST_ ever story I had the chance to read.
It's just... I can't find any faults in it, the whole game was a total, sheer awesomeness. Some themes the game involved might be a bit odd (well not as much as Saya for example), yet it totally makes the player just burn in all the emotion (sadness, happyness, shocks), and the ending is just something out of this world.... Every piece of the puzzle just flawlessly went to its place, and the sudden twist at the very end is just.... Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.
Even though the game is superlong (it was the longest eroge for more than 10 years actually), and I played it for about 12-13 days, I think that every second I have spent on reading was totally worth it, because being familiar with something so superb just feels really good.
It's a shame I probably lost a bit too much due to dictionary-ing and due to the machinetranslators. Hell figuring out the letters from Father, or the discussion between the MC and another character at the very end, which explains the various things took me about one and a half / two hours to grasp (yes, that's one really long conversation with no real break in between, and it's totally mind-boggling). Other than those, I was surprised that the majority of the script consists of not that difficult dialouges.

Is there anyone here who had the opportunity to play it? How did you like it then?

____
By the way, if anyone is interested by any chance to translate it, (God, I pray that I'll see the day when it might be translated), we uploaded the scripts for the Windows version, created some tools for insertion, and we made a working test voicepatch on a Translation Project Page. Feel free to contact me in case of interest.