View Single Post
Old 2006-06-21, 00:34   Link #114
uzumaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat
Ahh.. ! Big... words.. complicated.. intelligent vocabulary... boring meaningful books.. can't breathe.. the blood. suffocating.. someone pl ease he l p m ee....
Those feelings are the story of my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Reading Henry Fielding's Joseph Andrews now, was recc. and lent to me by a friend; not a bad read, HF is really such an eloquent fellow.

One of my favourite authors ever is Wilkie Collins, just finished his Moonstone, and read previously The Woman in White; I love the way he narrates as different characters, giving each their own distinct flair and sound, as well as perpectives, attitudes and eccentricities.

The next books I want to read are Don Quixote and *ahem* Lolita.
Don Quixote...oh god the pain. I hated that book so much. So much. Half way through and nothing's happened and you're hearing these dumb people at an Inn tell their adventures 40 pages each per person.

Recently finished Emma, which was really nicely written and pretty engaging (more than P and P anyways, which I could never finish though attempted to twice)
Before that I abandoned A Portrait of Lady. I loved how it was written, and the psychlogical perspectives, but it's been 300 out of 600 pages and NOTHING has happened. I dislike abandoning books like that, but I would just read a line and then stare off into space, so I gave it up.

physics223: try a library, or see if you like online copies (project gutenerg). I personally like to have it in my hand.
uzumaki is offline   Reply With Quote