View Single Post
Old 2007-03-08, 03:43   Link #152
Yuzuyu
yuzuyu is cute ^-^

Quote:
Originally Posted by andiyar View Post
@ Yuzuyu

Interesting. At least it isn't the installer itself then. Are you logged in as an administrative user when you attempt to install? It wouldn't suprise me if you required admin access to write to the root directory of the hard drive. The error is telling you that a requisite library isn't installed, which as you said, with no 'opt' directory appearing, infers that the binaries aren't being installed properly.

Oh, and if you have other versions of MPlayer installed, can you just move them/rename them out of your your Applications directory as well? And perhaps try repairing permissions... and let me know

-Andiyar
Yep i'm the only user on my mac , i'm the admin. So to me that's not the problem. I have deleted my old Mplayer since i thought that might be the problem but i have no idea how to repair permissions, i'm not that technical.
One time when i was trying again after installing (and restart my mac) i saw a blue map appearing on my desktop but assoon as i saw it it was gone again? Now i think of it, might that be the 'opt' map?