Thread: Licensed Tayutama -Kiss on my Deity-
View Single Post
Old 2008-12-18, 12:33   Link #1
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Tayutama -Kiss on my Deity-

As per ANN and other news outlets, Lump of Sugar's ero-game Tayutama -Kiss on my Deity- (warning - 18+ contents!) is scheduled to get an anime adaptation published by Media Factory. (This doesn't come as a huge surprise to me personally, as it was obvious from the story that it was made-for-anime material.)

タユタマ -Kiss on my Deity-
Tayutama -Kiss on my Deity-

Game Box Cover Art:

(Characters shown -- Center: Mashiro, Top-Left: Ameri, Top-Right: Yumina, Bottom-Left: Mifuyu)

While this series has not been licensed, it is being produced by MFI, therefore we won't be listing fansubs here on AnimeSuki. See Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works for details.

Since it is "restricted", the following posts will not be allowed in this thread:
  • Asking where you can find Tayutama downloads or torrents.
  • Asking for help downloading Tayutama.
  • Asking for playback help for Tayutama episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

You are allowed to discuss the anime, but discussion should be be limited to the story.

Speaking of the story...

Basic Plot Synopsis:
What if spirits were all around us? What if they could take human form and live with us?

Yuuri Mito is the son of a priest at a local shrine. He isn't all that interested in following in his father's footsteps, but discovers one day that he can see spirits, and they're everywhere! He calls on the forest goddess to solicit her help in keeping the spirits under control, and she reincarnates as a young girl. Wielding a giant hammer, and with the power to transform into a white-haired goddess, she pursues her dream that, one day, humans and spirits will once again be able to live together in harmony.

"I've come to bring unity between us."

Yuuri is charged by the forest goddess to take care of this young girl, and gives her the name Mashiro. When an unfortunate accident causes three powerful, menacing spirits to awaken, Yuuri and his friends find themselves pulled into the fray as Mashiro works to calm the wayward spirits and bring peace.

Spoiler for Expanded premise based on game/what to expect:
PLEASE NOTE: The association of Tayutama game players would like to inform all prospective viewers that, even though Mashiro is indeed a fox spirit, this is not an ecchi-comedy, and the story bares absolutely no resemblance whatsoever to Kanokon.

As it mentions in the ANN article, the story is also being adapted in a manga published in Kadokawa's monthly seinen Comptiq Ace publication.

Official Site: http://www.tayutama.com/
Genre: Supernatural, Romance, Drama, Comedy

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2008-12-21 at 02:02. Reason: Added site, removed "reportedly"
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote