View Single Post
Old 2009-05-07, 22:55   Link #138
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzeroparticle View Post
OSTs (and by that, I mean the BGM) has been really meh; there's not much about them that would make me want to buy the soundtrack, especially when most of the soundtracks from the Spring season are just so much better with Eden, Cross Game, Guin Saga, and Pandora Hearts shining way above the rest.

Also, finally finished my writeup of "Don't Say 'Lazy'". For those who aren't too keen on reading it, all I can say is that Hisaka does a good job of channeling Hirano's Haruhi even if the music isn't totally memorable. Oh well, it is better than "Cagayake! Girls" and "Sweet Bitter Beauty Song" is surprisingly good, maybe even better than "Don't Say 'Lazy'" because of how Hisaka exudes confidence and attitude.
Honestly the BGM is a total who cares to me and sounds like they came up with it in an afternoon. They might as well just skip past it and go straight to the character albums. Shin Mazinger and FMA have been where it's at for BGM's as far as I'm concerned. Honestly on a whole it's kind of depressing to say that as a music themed anime K-On probably has the second weakest assortment of music of any anime I am watching. The outro really is the highlight.

As for Don't Say Lazy, I wouldn't be able to tell if it's Hisaka or the heavy processing of her voice that's giving the feeling of exuded confidence. I know what you are referring too though.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote