View Single Post
Old 2009-11-23, 22:44   Link #44
gl0w_
*Fansubber

The rules change isn't as bad as it appears on paper. I totally understand what everyone is saying about it but aside from making a few things weaker it didn't change much. Ill give a quick rundown of my opinions for anyone who cares as i've played a lot since the changes.

1. Mogg fanatic, Ravenous baloth, and Seige gang commander are weaker because of the lack of ability to block and sack with them on the stack obviously. But this is just returning to the way that it was during tempest before they made the last big rules change. Kinda disappointing but when you look at it objectively, no more having your cake and eating it too.

2. Lifelink and deathtouch being static ability's rather than triggered is AMAZING as you can now have your life saved by lifelink rather than dying with a trigger on the stack. No more having to regenerate twice for dying to a deathtouch creature(although aside from troll ascetic regeneration is uncommon).

3. The combat trick that brocko mentioned is pretty much one of the only times the lack of stack combat makes a difference, i have yet to play a game when it mattered.

4. Mana burn.... well mana drain is now even more insane(as if it needed to be) but makes sense when you realize that the newest set was a land and mana themed set, so things like lotus cobra are much stronger because of it.

5. Mulligans at the same time. Speeds up tournament play, overall positive change.

6. Term changes and token ownership, don't really care as i still say removed from game and i 'play' things not 'cast' them.

As i said i was pretty concerned with the changes when they first came out but overall i see them to be pretty positive after playing with them so much.

tl;dr - changes are overall pretty positive.
gl0w_ is offline   Reply With Quote