View Single Post
Old 2009-11-23, 23:33   Link #49
gl0w_
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
I'm sorry, but baloth, meant sheer card advantage, you could play green white control, or green red sligh and he would be your turn 4 drop if you were playing blistering firecat, on top of that, baloth was meant to use the stack, hell, ALL morph creatures had this, because once blockers were assigned before damage was calculated well then you would be able to unmorph and net your extra 4 life, or deal an extra 7-5 damage. Morph's entire mechanic is based on the stack. Baloth is just a 4/4, and in magic at least in slower formats like extended, legacy, and some standard blocks a 4/4 with no ability, is like having a 2/2 chump blocker, or a troll aesethic. The point 4/4's don't do much, his ability is what made him good, cabal archon too and thousands of more cards. Plus it destorys synergy between many cards.
Yes im aware of what Baloth does and as i mentioned, its unfortunate but cards that were printed that intended to use the stack for combat just got nerfed, it sucks but it happened. Also i cant tell if you understand this part, but you can still block and then use the sacrifce ability. You just wont get the damage from combat. The creature will still be blocked and you will still get the sac ability though. You dont have to choose one or the other.
gl0w_ is offline   Reply With Quote