View Single Post
Old 2009-12-09, 16:46   Link #57
ameskitty
Kupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
And this episode and others is why I hate how DEEN is complaining about not getting enough dvd sales. Because they hardly put in effort to make it look good both as an anime and an adaptation. Just because they thought Higurashi had done well despite all it's cut they thought Umineko would do just as well, maybe even greater, even when they keep stuff in. But it's not only about keeping it loyal it's also about characterization and generally making you feel for the characters.
I've been trying my best to enjoy it standalone ever since I stopped having a lot of expectations and I tried to detach myself from the novels (hence the relatively positive ratings lately), and I'm going to save a long, similar rant for the entire series for, well, the end of series thread, but I'll at least say that I generally agree with everything you're saying.

EDIT: For the record, my least favorite episode is either the first one or the one with the infamous "despaircoughing" (either 3 or 4, I don't remember :O)

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A