View Single Post
Old 2011-03-05, 01:28   Link #686
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRegnard View Post
I wouldn't. I did say that it's improbable given the time it takes is way beyond human comprehension. I have reason to believe that layman confusion between energy and entropy would result in inaccurate subs, however, I'm unsure of the Japanese terms for these and am unable to confirm the validity of the subs.
This is probably too fine of a distinction for Urobuchi to care about.
So, I will transpose what happens if conservation of energy is not violated, but heat death of the universe is happening instead.

Kyubey tells Madoka that all the energy in the universe is quickly being rendered useless. However, from our own universe, we believe that will not happen for many, many light years. So what is with this sudden need for an influx emotional energy?

I think there is something greater Kyubey is not telling us. There must be a cause behind the sudden deterioration of mechanical and potential energy. There must be an agent actively sucking away all that useful energy.

Who is this agent, and why is it using up the life of the universe? If Kyubey is not lying, then he is working to extend the survival of the universe. Kyubey is working toward the greatest good.

If Kyubey is lying, then he (and his race) may be that agent. It is Kyubey's race who is using the universe's energy for their own purposes. And to fuel their need, they are coming to Earth in order to harvest emotional energy from humans.

The biggest hole in my theory is that conservation of energy is already violated by the concept of energy being created from humans. I think that humans are special (haha!) and are the only beings able to create energy in the universe. Perhaps Kyubey's race is good at using it all up.

Off to bed... hope there are not too many oppositions in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
If it's despair they're looking for, how come they're not knocking down Nozomu Itoshiki's door?
Because Kyubey cannot contain the sheer volume of Zetsubou-sensei's despair. It would be too much for him to handle. The universe would EXPLODE!!!!!
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote