View Single Post
Old 2006-08-10, 19:16   Link #19
domino
デレデレ

Ooh, live action Mushishi. That would be interesting.

Another live-action TV series was announced!
According to ANS, there will be a live-action drama of the shoujo manga Yamato Nadeshiko Shichihenge (aka "The Wallflower" in the US). The live-action drama airs this October. An anime version will follow in January 2007. I can't wait to see it! It will probably be very similar to Nobuta o Produce, which was my favorite drama.....

The story is about a woman who lends her mansion to a group of young boys on one condition: they must turn her daughter (or was it niece? Granddaughter? I forget) into a nice lady. The problem? The young girl is basically the girl from The Ring Dark, scary, no social ability, locks herself in her room all day watching horror movies, keeps skeletons as pets, etc.... so it's quite an interesting comedy. I think a live-action suits it better, since the manga is awkward (the art isn't very good and the panel work isn't well done, in my opinion).

----------------------------------------------------------------

Another live-action series! Last year's popular live-action drama Hana Yori Dango will be getting another season. Viewers can log into the TBS website (station Hana Yori Dango will air on) to vote for which parts of the long manga they would like to see in this live-action season.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

More shoujo goodness! It's rare that a shoujo ANIMATED movie hits the theater screens, so I thought I would announce this movie:

Harukanaru Toki no Naka de ~Maihitoyo~ (official site) comes out in Japanese theaters August 19. It's a shoujo movie based on the popular game/TV series/manga. The animation looks so beautiful it brought a tear to my eye~~~~. This movie is a spinoff of the TV anime Harukanaru Toki no Naka de ~Hachiyoshou~, which is currently available on AnimeSuki (except only half of it has been subbed ~_~ Come on, subbers, go pick it up~ *_*)
domino is offline   Reply With Quote