View Single Post
Old 2009-06-18, 02:14   Link #210
Hane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus View Post
That shameless offer was what killed Felli for me. And did she ever express a regret over it? None.
Ah but you see, that’s the thing. You’re holding the intention of a potential desertion by a fictional character against that fictional character. Type it or say it, it sounds silly In a lot of fiction, you may see a character do worse acts, but people who have a connection to that character have brushed it off. The same thing applies in real life. For some people, if they see a good friend beat the crap out of someone, they may react with a ‘why’d you go and do that?’ instead of saying ‘are you out of your freaking mind?!’ I wouldn’t worry though, it just means Regios is a really good piece of work to coax emotions like this out of people.

Quote:
All military artists need appropriate rest after heavy kei usage. We saw Nina burning out as well even though she didn't have god-like power. Felli held back simply because she didn't want to take up her responsibility.
Okay. Again, the pool episode. Until we get a part of the novel that says specifically that the act of pushing her limits is dangerous for her (and we haven’t yet, not really), I’m just going to say there’s subtext to point out that she will die if she continues to use her powers the way she is using them.

Quote:
Ep 23 showed mere hope but too little, too late. It still felt like she acted that way because she was concerned with Layfon though. She'll need a second season to be able to show that she really evolved and can act mature. I'd like to see that myself. I had expected a real development for her character but she couldn't pull it off so far.
It’s been said, but Layfon is the focus of her growth right now. I’m happy with that. And the series (the book) hasn’t ended yet. I’m happy about that. And if she does grow, well, I would feel pretty silly for disliking a character for reasons that were meant to set up further development of that character. So I’m sticking with the 'Felli rocks' stance (And if she doesn’t get her good end I’m just gonna be sad)