View Single Post
Old 2010-08-29, 22:30   Link #212
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
After re-reading the Sabaody Isle arc, I honestly cannot express how much I am looking forward to the release of the next chapter.

The whole slavery/racism theme should finally be put to an end in the next 20 chapters or so when they re-unite at Sabaody. I expect the Fishman Island arc to tie in with the Tenryubito, and the Tenryubito theme should be finished before we get to the New world, or else it will feel like a loose end.

Quote:
Also recall when Vista cut into Akainu's neck... Akainu commenting that he was using Haki and yet the attack was not enough to negate his devil fruit to the point that it would do real damage. So why didn't vista's Haki work to allow him a solid hit? frankly i've been going with the theory that a logia user can counter haki with haki in order to help make sure his powers keep working as they are supposed to atleast to a limited extent.
Probably because Akainu is physically stronger (as an Admiral) then Vista, so his toughened skin could resist Vista's attacks, combined with the fact that he reinforced it with 'armor' haki.

Quote:
maybe we can see it as Armor Haki v mantra-haki in the fight between WB v Aokiji in the last war when WB try to attack/stabbing Aokiji with his spear+armor haki... Aokiji was aware enough because he use mantra-haki so he manage to survive/evading the attack
I think WB uses both types of haki at the same time, same with most high level characters.

Its not like you can only use one of the other...