Thread: Portal 2
View Single Post
Old 2011-04-25, 12:22   Link #95
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
If the cores were randomly dropped, it would mean that the core would be easier or harder to reach depending on your current location, your gel placements, and how much time you have left.

Let me ask you, how is that suppose to be fair?

And you only have two minutes gap between each core. You get 1 minute to figure out the puzzle, and one minute leeway for failing to execute the puzzle before succeeding.

And "practice"? I think you mean "dying a lot".

If you want seriously hard puzzles, Co-op is where they all are. And I am sure there would be future DLC that would add even harder things.

Valve said they could have made the Single Player as hard as they liked. But it would just end up with players quitting in frustration. Their job isn't to stop you from seeing the ending, or why even bother have an ending? This isn't the Arcades, where Valve needs you to insert more quarters into the machine so you could get more Continues.

Everyone who use their head can reach the Single Player ending. That is the entire goal of Valve in designing the Portal 2 level difficulty.
I dunno, I beat the final boss easily on my first try with time to spare and it was disappointing. Maybe other people found it mildly challenging.
Even if it's a puzzle game, the final boss shouldn't be way easier than the previous hour of the game.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote