View Single Post
Old 2010-07-26, 00:43   Link #59
Nintendo Maniac 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yushi View Post
Then again, I guess tsundere guys just aren't liked as much as tsundere girls :P
This is correct. As a straight male kuutsundere, I don't remember how many times I was asked in highschool if I was gay, even after VERY EXPLICITLY denying it! AND YET THEY JUST KEPT DOING THING LIKE THAT THAT WOULD AGRIVATE ME AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (In case you couldn't tell, I'm not really the physical abuse tsundere type, but if you REALLY repetitively provoke me, I will physically retaliate)

...it didn't hit me until after HS and when I descovered the "tsundere" archetype that, just like a guy having fun teasing a tsundere girl, that they just loved seeing me get all ralled up - hence why they'd smirk and laugh.

Anyway, the point is, tsundere, even though typically seen in tomboys, just doesn't come off as normal for guys - it apparently gives off some "gay" undertones. (Remember, tomboys still have some feminine traits - they're not full-on butch.) This I believe results in females being not that interested for dating and stuff, because you're not enough like an actual guy - you're stuck somewhere in the middle, usually the "sort of a friend" territory. (heck I get along with my sister's friends who are usually at least slightly tomboy, much more than most guys I've ever known.)

I think the main reason why male tsunderes are rare is because they're usually "jerks with hearts of gold" instead - which in a way is a more masculine version of the tsundere, which itself makes 'tsundere' feminine, which is obviously bad for straight guys, so they try to compensate. (I however, thanks in part to my additional kuudere streak and general geekiness, really couldn't care less about my "macho" image)

This theory is also supported by my... uh... well, for now let's just say a certain not-so-masculine interest and um... fetish actually >_>. Let's just say that if I suddenly woke up female, I wouldn't really mind it (but remember, I'm straight man, so I'm NOT a transsexual, nor am I actively seeking out such things, but it's not like I'd mind and there is that fetish thing I mentioned...let's just say I'd definitely be a tomboy and not butch - and yes I like yuri, in fact very much so - heck I even like, um... futa...). Either way, if I was like that, people would probably be able to really bring out the true tsundere in me.

I just registered for this, and I don't exactly have a day job, so if anyone actually cares for some kuudere/tsundere/kuutsundere opinions, insight, etc, I'll see what I can do.

And if anyone cares, yes, I too relate very much to Sackett's story, except actually to the girl >_>; Just replace her with me and I'd react darn near exactly the same. I've also noticed this relating-to-ness with several tsunderes like Ikuno Komaki (my self-proclaimed "clone") and Rin Tohsaka (my waifu and ALMOST clone)

Oh and yes, call me cute and you WILL get some tsun (though if I deem your method too lame, you'll probably just get some "kuu")

OK, that's it for "inside the mind of NM64: the straight male kuutsundere". Now go away, shoo. You won't get any more emotional crap from me tonight.

Last edited by Nintendo Maniac 64; 2010-12-12 at 05:48.
Nintendo Maniac 64 is offline   Reply With Quote