View Single Post
Old 2007-10-06, 19:18   Link #329
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

First Love is Seven Colored

I delightfully enjoyed how the final episode turned out. Save for Asparas entrance, the several instances of light sparkling effects when Haru was revisiting the place he and Sumomo made memories, and the acorn magically growing into a hydrangea; there weren't magic elements portrayed throughout most of the episode.

The episode built up its right and timed pacing for Haru to visit all the of the places that he and Sumomo dated, as the feelings of the lost memories eventually resurfaced on him.

I like how at the conclusion they avoided the cliché deus ex-machina, therefore, Haru only remembered that he loved Sumomo but nothing else that together to fall in love.

The only scene that I felt drowsy and dragged was when Asparas came right after Haru left Sumomo outside at the greenhouse.

Overall, the episode was beautiful; a telling of how the feelings of a first love endure the oblivion to spring forth.

Final Thoughts: What made me to decide on watching Nanatsuiro Drops was the name for the title. I was store for a surprise as went watching episode by episode that mostly avoided some of the conventional magic-girl clichés.

The theme for the story was simply about beautiful memories that two people make together, as they experience a blossoming love blooming in them.

The contest to catch the seven stardrops, and the identity of Sumomo's mother were vehicles to the plot to teach that love at first sight was what this anime revolved around.

So that goes for this anime. This is the third title I managed to conclude for the summer season. Thanks to kedex and aquastar-anime fansubs for their releases.