View Single Post
Old 2012-06-22, 13:12   Link #8808
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
I'm not arguing against your point of view. I'm arguing against your use of the word "possession", and I mean just the word itself. To possess someone, you must have absolute control over it, and Ultear did not have absoute control of Jellal.
What is so hard to get about my usage of the usage of possession? The series already has a precedent for it, Memory Control Magic and Charm Magic.

Both manipulate people to do the previously impossible as long as they don't realize about the manipulation. All I'm saying is that Ultear may have done something like this to Jellal in which case he really wasn't responsible, and Shelia could be being manipulated even more thoroughly.

At the very least Jellal's path was guided by a 3rd party with it's own agenda which is anything but free will from most points of view, even if he choose his own actions along that chosen path his choices where 'limited' to say the least along his guided path. It's like blaming an assassin robot for a murder... sure it choose what to do along the programming but at the end of the day it would carry out it's mission or die trying due to the programming. It's the programmers fault, the assassin robot was just the tool not the wielder, in this example.