View Single Post
Old 2009-05-09, 12:08   Link #84
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Ah, good to know. Don't worry, I know how busy you are, and really I can't thank you enough for giving us such awesome comics I'll be patient.

Yep. I think she's a character who got one of, if not the, worst and most undeserved endings of any of the characters. Then again, I guess we don't know much about. Hmm, perhaps we should move on to a more pleasant topic, so...

Hmmmmmmmm............Dangit, we gotta keep this thread going people. We need a good topic. Something debatable that could spark some difference of opinion.

All right, I have an idea. What do you all think of the kiss at the end of Stage 12? Do you think that Shirley was just using Lelouch for emotional support and to steal a kiss from him, or do you think it was just a very difficult time for her and she just reached out to him because she didn't know what else to do? Well, I am looking through orange-tinted glasses, so I am more inclined to go with the latter.
The latter. Seriously. Her father whom she'd obviously been close to just died, buried under tons of mud and rock and she saw the corpse. Mudslide victims ain't pretty. You think she'd care about stealing a kiss from Lelouch?

Quote:
Well yeah, if only considering Shirley emotions, sure, the kiss scene was probably sadder. Really though, I couldn't tell you how mortified I was when I found out that Shirley was gonna die. I first found out about it from the spoilers from this forum (boy, that was one crazy week) And then seeing it for real, it was like a dark void had formed in my chest. Hmm, that could be a topic for discussion, what was the saddest Shirley moment. Since that seems to be almost all we get from her ...........................oh, I made myself sad

P.S. I do try to take some solace in knowing that Shirley did die happy with the man she loved by her side.
Well at least it steeled you for what was to come. I found out about it on Wikipedia......Sad right?