View Single Post
Old 2011-12-19, 11:44   Link #78
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Oh boy, here we go. First people complain about how they don't want to see the AGE Builder being used to solve every problem, and now someone is complaining it's not being used enough?
and then we have people complaining that other people are voicing their opinions regarding a show in a forum used for discussing? atleast people voicing their opinions are contributing to the discussion instead of flat out bitching

Personally, i don't want the AGE Builder to be used to solve every problem the Diva's crew run into, i do want it to be used in a logic way, like for the AGE-1, titus and spallow parts was built because the AGE couldnt keep up with X UE mobile suits.

That's great, thats the way it should be used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Gotta complain about something, this is a Gundam show after all.

Also I count that the AGE system has been used 4 times by now, which seems like a pretty reasonable balance to me, but of course you know that if it were to have been used every episode or something it would result in a shitstorm as well. Just another example of damned if you do damned if you don't when it comes to Gundam. Also if it were used to give all the Genoaces weapons that could defeat the UE you can be damn sure you'd have dozens of angry fanboys screaming "HAX!" all over the internet. As Realist Classic says, really can't be helped with this fandom.
Something screaming " HAX " is more Mardonas making a Dods rifle for the G-Exes without any explanation given at all, like episode 10 for example.

Quote:
Errr...Louise Halevy was kind of the Cyber/Newtype of 00 and she didn't die even though she was marked for death pretty close to the final arc. Also there was Soma Peries who got to do what most female newtype pilots on the opposing side can only dream and switch sides to be with her beau. Not calling this a trendsetter, but it's a definite counterexample.
Louise being the oddball, Soma wasnt a crazy cyber newtype, she was a supersoldier though, but what i wrote was meant to be taken in a sarcastic manner, not nitpicking over small details, but, some people do anything to have a chance to complain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I think a lot of people keep forgetting that this isn't the typical 1-protagonist-50-episode series. The Gundam's advancements very likely will get adapted to the other units--but not in this generation, where they don't have the time or the resources or the support to do so. As for upgrading the Genoace arsenal, keep in mind they don't have just one Genoace they can upgrade--they have a whole bunch of Zalam and Euba mobile suits they'd have to upgrade as well.

Furthermore, you are all forgetting that the AGE Builder is part of a three part construct--the Gundam AGE, the AGE System, and the AGE Builder. And the AGE System was designed for the Gundam AGE-1. To get the AGE Builder to make equipment suitable for the Genoace or the G-Exes or whatever other mobile suit, they'd have to make an AGE-System for those mobile suits. And then they'd have to get the information and learning through battle experience necessary for the AGE System to figure out what the AGE Builder needs to do.

Simply put, the AGE Builder cannot do what you want it to do. It is not something where you punch in some custom specs and hope it builds what you want or need. So stop acting like it is.

On an unrelated note to the previous statements, how many of you plan on dropping the series if Yurin gets killed?
But it is, look at the previous episode and the Diva, why couldnt they use the AGE builder to make one rifle for the Genoace? it has enough combat data from what the AGE-1 has seen.

They don't need to refit the entire army of allies they have, just make one rifle for one out of the three mobile suits they have onboard don't blow things out of porportion just because you don't agree with it.

Seeing how well the G-Exes and the AGE-1 are performing with their Dods rifles alone should motivate the crew into somehow making the Genoace useful, Vargas for example gave it better armor, why couldn't they copy the Dods rifle built for the G-Exes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Because to "recalibrate" it would require building a new one from scratch. The Genoace rifle is nothing like the DOTS in design; trying to make it like the DOTS would require basically smelting it down and rebuilding it from the ground up. Then there's the issue of needing to build a power pack that can support that kind of output.
Yeah, the AGE builder could give them specs for one rifle, or Mardonas could build one rifle fit for the Genoace.

Trying to defend a show you like is normal, but trying to defend one of the most obvious and stupid plotholes like this one is with inuniverse mechanics that have no proof is stupid. Its like trying to justify Mwu surviving at the end of Seed, it was a retcon by the author, nothing more, and this regarding the Genoace is just a obvious plothole or miss with the writers, or they don't care.

Regarding the Genoace lacking power to shoot the Dods rifle:
The Dods rifle made by the AGE builder runs on a internal powersource, as sene in episode 2 or 3, where Flit ran out of ammo shooting with it, can't say the same for the one made for the G-Exes, but seeing how it performs like a reverse-engineered copy i'd assume the same for it.

once again, there is no reason for the one Genoace they have onboard to perform as bad as it is.

I really hope they put the Titus parts on the Genoace for the final battle. maybe the armor upgrade was a sublime hint?

People defending this show like it's a virgin maiden needs to stop, of course people are going to dislike certain parts of it, but acting like it's a flawless piece of art while completely disregarding what's being said in the actual show is sad.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote