Thread: Licensed Girls und Panzer
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-20, 21:21   Link #5112
arkhangelsk

With all due respect to the excellent piece of work

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw View Post
I know the guys who did the research for that page and their source materials for that matter also, so I'm more than willing to trust the posted values, especially since they've been compiling tank and other military hardware data since the 1990's or earlier (some contributors also being engineers or ex-military).
IMHO, in a sense it is this kind of "realistic, done-their-homework fiction" that is the most dangerous. You know (or at least think) they did their work, so you are inclined to trust them as if the data they provide is real. And a lot of it may well be. But if they decide to "tweak" something for story purposes, well, you'll be the last to know because it is so realistic the new curve looks just as natural as the real one and your BS filters don't work.

I just said to be careful, that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Very hard to accomplish. The enemy isn't generally going to sit there and let you pound away at them, and if you're smart you're not going to be sitting there to let them not let you do so. As a result, getting repeated hits on the same spot is a very difficult proposition.
Besides, remember, this is Senshado. They generally have trouble hitting tanks, let alone doing this kind of stunt.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote