View Single Post
Old 2006-05-23, 18:37   Link #92
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

I watched Tenshuu Monogatari last night and Baka Neko just now. So let me add my voices to the throng saying

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!

"Fucking amazing" are, indeed, two perfect words for Baka Neko. It was like ... the setting of Spirited Away, with the main character of Mushishi, with the horror style of 100 Stories and Paranoia Agent, with directing on a level of brilliance with all of anime's greats, and with Gankutsuou's animation style perfected: all these, but with SOOOO much originality too. Simply unbelievable. DAY-um. I'd say I want a TV series but there's no way a TV series could keep up that level of quality.

Tenshuu Monogatari had a great story, and I enjoyed the four episodes quite a bit, but Baka Neko blew it out of the water. Aaaaaaah sooooo good. Noitamina is such an intense block. Admittedly, I've only seen Honey and Clover and Ayakashi (and the first two episodes of Jyu-Oh-Sei) but all of these are fantastic. I'm waiting for AF-F & Froth-Bite to finish their subs of Paradise Kiss, but clearly I can't miss out on it.

As for Baka Neko... as soon as I'm done with school I'm heading over to my friend's house at nighttime and we're going to watch it on full blast. HELL YES. SO GOOD.

Wow, just wow.
Fighter Volk is offline   Reply With Quote