Thread: Licensed Deadman Wonderland
View Single Post
Old 2011-04-16, 17:00   Link #226
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Just glanced through this. Truly sick setup. And setting up the relationship with Mimi only to do that to her... seriously messed up. Still, what really got me was the framing. I don't care how much "evidence" they cooked up, it should have still been obvious that something was wrong. Having enough evidence to convince people of that story would have to mean producing more evidence than anyone in his right mind would believe.

And they didn't even give him a motive, just wrote him up as a sicko who wanted to try it. I understand that the horrific level could leave people shocked and easily willing to accept any story that gave them someone to blame. But this is a level of thing that at least some of the parents should have thought fishy.

Putting on such an innocent face would require that he be incredibly clever, clever enough that he wouldn't be an open-and-shut case and clever enough that he wouldn't do something stupid like brag to his attorney about what he did and what he may have done to the girl before killing her.

Frankly, the premise of the crime and setup that got him on death row was very hard for me to buy. It just seemed sloppy and badly done to me. I'd guess the guy would be in there for at most a year or two until the incident had cooled down and someone was able to stop and think about how ludicrous it was. It might have been more interesting and believable to have a series of incidents in which the kid was left with a suspicious story, to develop a pattern that would make the framing seem less likely.
Oh a decent lawyer would have been able to get him off. Hell a crappy lawyer would have been able to. I mean even if the kid had magically got his hands on a gun, it would have been impossible to kill that many people that fast and in that gruesome of a manner. After the first shot, people would have been running all over the place. Not to mention him being unconscious at the crime scene. Or how about when he would have had time to stash said weapon in such a place that the police would not have been able to find it.

However there are other reasons other than the lawyer bit, as to why he got convincted. I just can't go into details on them.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote