View Single Post
Old 2012-06-05, 17:48   Link #1702
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
I still wonder about R07, saying that if you try hard enough you find the truth (and similar comments). Were those about the Gameboards or about R-Prime? That is a BIG difference after all. But I am not very sure about that.
If they're about the Gameboard... well I guess he's right. If they're about Prime I think the truth he means might not be the TRUTH but just a theory we accepted as the truth... sort of like Ange who apparently refused the truth's of Eva's diary and found her own truth. Which, luckily for her was true (Battler was still alive after all), but actually might have been falze or she might have never discovered it was true (let's assume Battler never recovered his memory).

This gives to the words 'finding the truth' a rather different meaning from the one many of us would expect. Actually in this prospective the truth seems more like something philosophical... like chosing if God exists or not. A personal truth opposed to the TRUTH... and while I've nothing against personal truths well, honestly I would have preferred if Umineko had handed us THE TRUTH.

But that's just me.
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote