View Single Post
Old 2012-06-07, 18:35   Link #1720
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
That is the public's fault for speculating all sorts of things for an incident that does not concern them in the slightest little bit! Most people's interest in Rokenjima's incident was plainly curiosity, so why would Eva have to render accounts to all those people who labelled her as a criminal just out of plane curiosity?
Well, they pretty much ruined Ange's life and emotional health. She could've stopped all that with a simple public statement.

Quote:
Solid as this argument may be, there are all sorts of over-protective parents, Eva was just one of them.
You're right, but Ryukishi treats Eva's decision as the morally correct path. Which is entirely different. If Eva, BATTLER, Beatrice, and all those guys were shown to be mistaken, and Ikuko DIDN'T decide to keep her mouth shut...or if she did and a neutral narrator criticized her for it atleast...

Quote:
Well, to be perfectly fair she lost her entire family and was deprived of her childhood (I doubt anyone could have a proper one after such an incident).

Though, of course, it is not possible or ethic to put measures in the pain of people. I guess all those questions are just a different story. Shit like that often happens when you add characters who are only to appear for one scene or so.
I just feel like it's sort of messed up when people treat things like Ange's suffering is all that matters, and that she should be the only one who gets to decide if she learns the truth and shares it with other people.

It's precisely because you can't put a measure on people's pain that it's not right to give her priority like that.

Quote:
I think the point there was that Ange clings onto seeking the one truth about everything so much that she is incapable of trusting any words that aren't red, meaning, she cannot love, since there is absolutely no way to prove such a thing by human means.
She got like that after years of being denied the truth by the people who were supposed to be her loved ones, INCLUDING her brother in EP8. I don't think we can blame her, and it's certainly not accurate to say she can't love because of it.

This is another thing that sort of bugs me. Ryukishi keeps equating 'love' to something like 'faith', and that's just messed up.