View Single Post
Old 2010-01-25, 20:32   Link #11
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
Great episode - FMA:B hasn't been this intense for quite a while. The animation was great, and so was Paku Romi. Now we're slowly easing into the (very epic) final arc... I'm so excited for what's to come
Only complaint is... same as every week... the freaking music.
I actually had no complaints in that department this week, since, albeit it being indeed the same old music, the placement was REALLY good here and added greatly to the scenes.

And just like the music, the animation was also top notch, as was the pacing, with no cut scenes at all. So yeah, definitely a 10/10 episode and the best one in a while.

Ed vs Kimblee was short but sweet like in the manga. It's a great climax to the little "rivalry" they'd been having since the beggining of the Briggs arc, with Ed's policy not to kill being the major theme and being used really well.

As I said before, I was surprised they didn't use Ed's state after his defeat as the cliffhanger, but the way they did it worked really well too. The final scene was very good and very intense, in no small part thanks to Romi Paku's great performance, as usual.