View Single Post
Old 2010-05-24, 19:59   Link #10592
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
And EP4 is even more obvious, showing us the time that Battler does hear the magic story told to him.
Yeah, but this time it's Kyrie who is telling him.
Quote:
So, you refuse to even consider something that has Shkanon in it?
I have, many times, defended Shkanon in this thread to the best of my understanding of the theory. It's just deeply flawed enough and incapable of answering anything that it's hard to use it effectively in debates.
Quote:
Yes, but if you had a guess, what would be near the top of the list?
Probably what you're thinking, but we aren't even sure who the person he met was, or if it was the living "Beatrice."
Quote:
What? Eva is capable of committing all of the murders in EP3, if you'd like. Of course, I don't think she did, but it is possible. And it doesn't matter whether that story was true or not as long as Battler believed in it.
No, Eva cannot commit the majority of the murders in ep3. It's basically impossible, and she has no reason to do the ones where it's "possible but not likely." To wit:

First Twilight: Either all the adults are in on it (which makes absolutely no sense and is ludicrous), or the deaths were faked and people were killed off at the last second by a straggler, for which there is no evidence that Eva was the straggler and indeed it seems very unlikely she would be as Hideyoshi was with her almost the whole time.

Second Twilight: Possible.

Fourth/Fifth/Sixth Twilight: Impossible. She wasn't even there, and one of them wasn't dead and would never be killable by the time Eva was capable of doing so (under Battler's supervision).

Seventh/Eighth Twilight: Possible.

Ninth Twilight: It does appear she killed Battler, but she was also quite crazed at the time and is hardly culpable. And nothing says she killed Jessica at all, or if she even had the time or knew where to find her.

Oh, and she's gonna kill George? Nnnnnot likely.
Quote:
Say it in red.
Gosh, if only someone had said something like...
Spoiler for Some sorta web or something...:
After this point, who is going to tell him? Before this point, who was going to tell him but Nanjo and the person who killed Nanjo? Shannon is not alive at this point, no matter how hard you wish it, and if she through some contrivance is, it's a crap twist that wrecks the entire mystery of ep3.
Quote:
No, I mean it's factually untrue to say that Shkanon exists for no human reason by that theory's claims. In that theory, the reason Shannon and Kanon appear as separate people is because humans on the game board mistakenly think that they are. It is a lie that worked. This is in comparison to that particular Erika theory, which seemed to say that Erika was only a meta-entity.
There is no stated purpose on the board for this lie to exist, and this is something you have always dodged. There is no benefit to it on the board, and in fact it works to Shkanon's detriment to have to be two people. It makes no sense at all.
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote