View Single Post
Old 2011-09-24, 00:47   Link #43
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
I think he was definitely in the wrong and being a jerk during the first train ride. She was asking if he was better and all he could focus on was her giving away the diary. He called her a fool for giving it away even though she gave it away because she was sincerely worried about his life. "A little kidnapping" he called it. She gave away her most important possession for him and he wasn't the least bit thankful or considerate. He was too focused on her losing it because of it Himari which is somewhat understandable but still not excusable.
After the ride she took him on the last few episodes, that was the least she could have done for him. I suppose he could have been nicer about it, but frankly, she had it coming.

I realize there's a humongous gender double-standard when it comes to pointless violence in anime and that's probably never going to change, but to say that he "deserved" it... Well, if it wasn't such a cartoonishly silly scene to begin with it would be worth pointing out how wrong that seems.