Thread: Licensed Mashiro-iro Symphony
View Single Post
Old 2011-11-04, 03:32   Link #282
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasDingus View Post
I'm curious as to why the characters are acting like it's a big deal when they call each other Uryuu and Sena. Looking at the character names those appear to be their family names, not their given names. However they and the other characters are reacting in a way I'd associate with characters that are suddenly on a first name basis. What gives?
It's not only a clear indication of growing closer, but was also maybe a surprise that it came from Airi who acted the most "hostile"(not the most fitting adjective) towards Shingo at the start. So this rather simple detail of leaving out the suffix happened additionally in a quite short time span, I guess. In most fiction you have seldomly this step-by-step change and in case of the overfriendly type of girl they offer first-name-basis, +/- suffix, from the beginning without the lover-like indication to it (at first). It depends on what kind of overall mood the anime/manga/Visual Novel or the character itself wants to set.
It would certainly be interesting to see their reaction, if the two reached first-name-basis .
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote