View Single Post
Old 2011-12-26, 14:16   Link #318
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
No, not creating mass, but creating as in forming a duplicate mass on the other end.

Lets say its achievable and you want to entangle this crystal of potassium chromium sulfate, you will have potassium, chromium, sulphur and oxygen on the other end. And then you start the entanglement process and all the atoms recieve the exact same information as the source crystal and all the atoms fall into place, creating a mass of the crystal.

And if we go down another level, subatomic level, lets say we want to entangle the same crystal, instead this time we have electrons, protons, neutrons and gluons. You can just entangle the crystal and all these subatomic particles will fall into place.
I'm not a physics major either, but I'm pretty sure that's not how entanglement works. Let's say - for simplicity's sake more than accuracy - that you have an entangled pair of Na and an entangled pair of Cl. One half of the pairs is at A, the other at B. You're at A, you want to make some table salt, so you stick the Na with the Cl. I'm pretty sure it won't make salt at B. For one thing, your manipulations to bring the Na and Cl together? Chances are it'll break the entanglement. For another, sticking two atoms together would be asking for more work than I think quantum entanglement is capable. (And what if instead of both being at B, one was at B and the other at C? Do you think they'd meet halfway?)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote