View Single Post
Old 2012-07-25, 15:57   Link #339
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
After S the quality definitely took a hit. And also, the genre has evolved quite a bit from twenty years ago. I doubt I'll be able to watch another series like the original, mostly due to the pacing.
The S season was my favorite actually and I rather liked how the pacing was mainly because we get to see a lot of slice of life with all the characters and learn about them slowly instead of how series often rush things nowadays.

In fact, it was no more than two months ago that I decided to watch Sailor Moon all over again starting from the end of the first season. I've forgotten how much I enjoy this series; I was quite surprised. The last time I've laughed that much was from School Rumble. However School Rumble's style of comedy is more slapstick while Sailor Moon was just plain silliness. I enjoy both either way.

I'm not sure by "quality" you mean art style or direction of the story. As for the art style, I did not feel it went downhill after, quite the opposite actually. If you mean the direction of the story, then I would have to agree, I couldn't wait to get to the next episode because I was just not enjoying it as much as previous seasons.