View Single Post
Old 2012-01-30, 08:17   Link #56
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I don't know, from what I've heard of it I think it's his weakest OST so far and would go so far as to say some of the tracks are just downright grating to listen to...then again the particularly bad ones might be by Supercell since they all happen to be vocalized and sound nothing like what I'm used to hearing from Sawano and more like mediocre grunge music.
To clarify, there are no supercell-composed tracks in this CD. It's all Sawano.

Suffice to say you don't like the new direction he's taking with this album, fair enough. But let's not expect the exact same bombastic orchestrated-synth fare from him in the same vein as Gundam UC and Gigantic Formula in all his subsequent work, that's just unfair to him and his right to artistic development. For better or for worse, this new album shows it.

Also keeping on the topic of development, I love "Release My Soul", to the point I think it's his best vocal song. However, do you not agree that it was a step that had "REMIND YOU" (from the Gundam UC OST2) as its foundation?

I tried, but failed to like "Ready to Go" as well. It feels like a ridiculously poor challenge to what Iwasaki Taku has been doing lately.

Gundam UC's OST is my favourite work from him, and Gigantic Formula was my gateway Sawano work. For those who've seen me on twitter, you'd know this :3
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote