View Single Post
Old 2012-07-07, 07:34   Link #794
lansglenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
When you say "previews", are you referring to the PVs (trailers), or the pre-screening of episode 1 and the first 10 minutes of episode 2? If it's the former, the reactions were actually quite positive. And as for the latter, the reactions were also positive; it's just that the version of the episode 2 that they saw wasn't the final one. Plus, as I've said many times before, Kawahara attended almost all of the script meetings; there's no way he'd allow the anime "f up" his story.
I meant to say the pre-screening instead of preview. Only a few more hours until the moment of truth, so I'll just keep the reasons for concerns to myself.

Aside from a faithful rendition of the story being important, I think in order for anime/manga storytelling to progress in the future we need these non-standard tales to set as examples. It would be an awful shame if bad reception impeded in the further development of these more-believable (more relateable?) approaches to romance, and in modern settings like MMORPGs/virtual-reality.
lansglenn is offline   Reply With Quote