View Single Post
Old 2013-02-09, 15:08   Link #152
Mentar
Banned

Well... to all Urobutcher fans, I think this episode was his typical "kickoff". This time he spent 1.3 instead of 0.3 seasons to explain the background and build up the characters, and now he's going to let the hell break loose. The fact that we finally "caught up" to episode 1 should be hint enough that the end run starts NOW.

A couple of observations/predictions based on my Urobutcher fanboy antenna:

1) Fairly obvious for 0 points: The "end boss" will become the Sybil system. Maybe Kagari's death will already be sufficient to cause Akane and folks to look into things, but it's evident that the system defends its secrets with lethal force.

2) Rein in your Makishima hate. I'm convinced that this guy will play a pivotal role in the resolution on the side of Akane. Why? Because of the effort the Urobutcher took in playing up the "kill him" decision underlining how hard it was for her to control her hate and to show mercy. Urobuchi Gen likes to construct his stories with stringent logic, and Akane's restraint will prove to be critical in "winning". Makishima is an anomaly that Sibyl can't gauge, and I wouldn't be surprised if in the end, Akane will need him to defeat Sibyl.

3) Gino is living on borrowed time and primed for heartbreak, betrayal and death. It will be his blind, fanatic loyalty to Sibyl that will prove to be his doom - but first, he'll be in a world of hurt. I bet that if we look it up, his middle name is "Sayaka". Unfortunately, I suspect that his father will be going first. The Urobutcher likes to kill his flies _after_ tearing out the wings.

Looking forward to how things develop from here ... nobody writes "everything is going to hell" sequences better than HIM.