View Single Post
Old 2008-04-01, 23:39   Link #8
Chase

Animation Quality: 10/10
Theirs not much to be said about the quality, i mean when you see it, it speaks for itself.

Voice Actors: 8.5/10
The actors really brought the emotions out in the characters and made it believable.

Characters: 9/10
Hmm, nice to see more than 2 characters i can latch on too in a gundam series.Nah really tho, some characters for basically every gundam fan.

Script/Plot: 9/10
Its difficult to gauge this one cuz this category really needs to be saved for the real end of the series but i'll give it a go. I think this is where i disagree with a lot of people on. Im not going to go into extreme detailed but i'll give a short view of what i think as i can. What i saw is this series tries to cover alot of people and their situation at the same time, giving you not just the meisters perspective on things. Like some one said, the grunts have faces now Cuz their were so many people in this, things like alot of character development for alot of people simply couldnt be done in such a matter, or atleast not in 25 episodes. Some meet their death early and some people dont like that, i have no problem with that. So instead, we were given lil bits of each character, enough to gauge them and understand for the most part. Most consider this a negative, but i dont, its nice to see a legit view of other sides other than the main to a point where you actually care to give an opinion about it(those are like the series of course). Now do i wish they have focused on some things more? Yes, but i cant fault them for taking this path. Slow start but the path they took i believe led to more meaning towards the end because of it. I could explain my position more cuz i didnt even discuss the fighting and stuff but im tired of typing already.

Overall: 9/10
I have to say, its 25 episodes, but imo this is the best first 25 episodes ive ever seen in a gundam series as far as from an overall perspective when adding all the categories together.
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote