View Single Post
Old 2012-03-17, 22:47   Link #67
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
4. Anime is a visual medium, and also one in which audio is important. While how well an anime is written is important, it's not the only thing that's important. If an anime looks and sounds better than 95% or more of all the other anime out there (and that's honestly how I feel about Guilty Crown), then I think that's something that deserves a lot of credit. And this isn't something I'm being generous just with Guilty Crown over. I also showed Hanasaku Iroha a lot of slack for much the same reason. If an anime truly looks and/or sounds great to me then that makes it a lot easier for me to forgive somewhat sloppy writing. Maybe that's wrong of me, but that is honestly the effect that extremely good-looking/good-sounding anime tends to have on me. Some (if not all) of the shows that I was more critical of than I was of Guilty Crown were ones that didn't have GC-caliber visuals/audio, so they didn't earn that slack from me the same way GC did.
As a rebuttal to this particular point of yours (I know it's just you personally, but I've seen a lot of people use the animation as a defense, and I just want to get this off my chest), let me go into detail about an anime cliche I personally despise: Narration and inner thoughts. Because oh my god, this anime uses that cliche a lot.

Spoiler for Why I hate narration and inner thoughts:

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck

Last edited by Flawfinder; 2012-03-17 at 23:43.