Thread: Xbox One
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-21, 21:40   Link #295
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
You also have to consider the competition KI is up against. It's been a long time since the last KI, and it would have to receive a major overhaul in terms of gameplay and graphics to be a contender in this era of fighting games. We'd have to get a reliable developer with a good track record to make KI a success, and that's where the challenge lies.
Many of the people who developed the Rare franchises that gave the company its glowing reputation are long gone. I have little faith that KI would turn out better than the other Xbox efforts they've done, and for the most part they really don't make anything other than dashboard and kinect stuff now.

Rare's franchises, hate to say it, market much better to Nintendo's audience. Why they didn't keep them when selling the company to MS, I have no clue, but the deal hasn't been that lucrative for MS either, and I think the only reason Rare hasn't been dumped is because Nintendo would snap them up in a heartbeat, so it's strategic for MS to not let those IPs go.

I mean heck, people still make stuff like this:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?