View Single Post
Old 2007-05-07, 18:48   Link #11
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
Staff for the few next episodes for those who care:

Episode Director: Katsuichi Nakayama (ED of Diebuster 2, Honey and Clover 15 and CD of The Good Witch of the West)
Script: Kazuki Nakashima (Overall mastermind behind Gurren Lagann, series composer, writer of episodes 1, 2, 3 and will also do 8 and 9. He is also created Oh! Edo Rocket original play.)
Animation Direction: Akira Amemiya for the mecha (AD Gurren-Lagann 6 mecha and Blood+ 28) and Kouichi Motomura for the characters (KA in IGP TV and Planetes, AD of Gurren-Lagann 2)
Storyboard: Shin Itagaki (CD of Black Cat, ED of Gurren-Lagann 6)

8 (The whole team of the premier gets back at it.)
Episode Director: Masahiko Otsuka (ED of Gurren-Lagann 1)
Script: Nakashima again.
Animation Direction: Atsushi Nishigori (AD of Gurren-Lagann 1)
Storyboard: Hiroyuki Imaishi (SB for Dead Leaves, FLCL 5, Gurren-Lagann 1, chief director of this series)

Episode Director: Tarou Iwasaki (ED of various FMA episodes and Eureka Seven 27)
Script: Nakashima again.
Animation Direction: Takashi Mukouda (KA in Noein's, Dennou Coil's, Blood+'s second openings and in TokiKake)
Storyboard: Masahiko Otsuka (Gurren-Lagann 3)

Episode Director: Hiroshi Kurimoto
Script: Shouji Saeki (ED of Gurren-Lagann 2, CD of Konomimi)
Animation Direction: Shouko Nakamura (AD of Mushishi 8, 18 and 24)
Storyboard: Ryuichi Kimura (SB in various Zettai Shounen)

Episode Director: Takashi Morimiya (Newbie at anime)
Script: Saeki again.
Animation Direction: Shinobu Nishiyama (KA in Eureka Seven, Code Geass, GunXSword, Gad Guard, New Getter Robot)
Storyboard: Yasuyuki Honda (SB in Popolocrois)
Yeah it took me quite a while to track down all the guys to input into ANN. In fact while doing it I found that ANN's database is actually very incomplete. The only two guys I bothered to "improve" on were the ep9 ED and AD. I added all the episodes they worked on in FMA into the database.

For Morimiya, he's not really a newbie. It's just that everything he did isn't in ANN's database either and I didn't feel like adding stuff into D-Gray Man and Comic Party and so on. It's fair to say ep10 and 11 have a fair share of "nobodies" at the helm, which might either be refreshing or disastrous.

There's a rumor going around that ep9 is going to be animated by BONES, like how ep3 was animated by Xebec. We'll see if that pans out. Right now I'm just hyped for the ep7-8 two part finale to the first arc.