View Single Post
Old 2013-07-27, 01:01   Link #409
kukuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
Pretty understandable for me. After all, as you grow older, you tend to seek for type of entertainments that challenge you in one way or another, in which this series is kind of lacking. I used to watch tons of harem shows during my highschool days, but now i consider most of them stupid and nonsensical trash, leaving only the ones that either backed up by strong plot (such as Highschool DxD) or having outstanding male leads that capable of carrying the show by themselves (Kaminomi) that i can still enjoy.

And the use of "lonely otaku" is a bit harsh, to be honest. Because many mindful and smart people who are successful IRL actually enjoy mindless and weightless shows simply to refresh their minds
That's down right untrue, if anything as you grow older, you tend to relish in the "purer" aspects of a story, because as you age in society you get sickened by the complications of the world.

That is why with a show that "about nothing" comedy will expect to get 30million viewers, and a high brow story will top-off at around 5million(if lucky).

If you're seeking fullfilling storylines, they're just because you're "not old enough yet". I don't want something to tell me the world is mad, and congress is secretly trying to take my rights, evil is all over the world, corporations slowly killing society, and lovers stabbing each others to death 10 times a day.

Ya know when you get old enough, it's down right gloomy out there. The more a plot wants to be taken seriously the more I would hate that it's taking me into the real.

Dissing the DxD LN is like dissing LN itself. If you don't like LN styles, don't complain DxD is on the good side of LNs.

Because face it, most LN are cliche harem's stories in the end, with power ups, and comedic dialogue.

Why is it not? because you can't write that many words without "spice" and the "girls" are spice. Either give an existing heroine some love or introduce a new one, add in some plot, and move the main story, there you go: a good read.

DxD has good chemistry, that's what makes it a cut above the usual. All the characters have nice niches, they're approachable, funny, and interesting. The hero continues his power-ups in a interesting and blood pumping way, the main plot has just enough twists to keep it going. It's a good read.

The fact that nothing is ever going to be that complicated to consider the realism of it, is why it's pretty good for it's genre.
kukuru is offline   Reply With Quote