Thread: Licensed Mashiro-iro Symphony
View Single Post
Old 2011-12-09, 03:08   Link #894
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Seriously though if there's implied/actual sex (Miu x Shingo) in like the final episode I am totally gonna rate this 9/10 o_o
Sometimes (often?) the metrics used to determine the quality of something leave me in despair *looks upwards in the thread* ... I suppose the old saying that sex sells holds true

Joking aside, I actually wouldn't mind if they did - for all intents and purposes it may well portray the relationship in a more serious light than most other VN-anime adaptations out there, and since the original obviously featured said content, it's not like they would be going out on a limb to include it. If anything the 18+ content in Mashifoni was notably more important for character and relationship growth/development compared to many other VNs out there, where it mostly feels tacked on, so on second thought it might not be a bad idea if they did, so long as they can preserve said developments that come from the act.

That said, I don't really expect them to - it's not all that often that anime dares to tread this ground, and while I think pretty highly of what Manglobe has done with the series thus far, I'm highly skeptical about them breaking the mold in this regard.