Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
Build a bonfire
Build a bonfire
Put Fat Damon on the top
Put Faldio in the middle
And we'll burn the freakin' lot!

As I said earlier, Welkin or somebody else among Sevens should have done more to keep Alicia with them. By means, I mean anything: a night-time chat with the Pig with knives at hand or some blackmail about something illegal from the general (about that, I can't take away that picture of a candid Matthew Broderick blackmailing a general about smuggling operations, asking for combat action in exchange of full silence in Glory). Should the anime version of Welkin have been portrayed upon Matthew Broderick's character for this part, I would be feeling better because the end result would have been to keep Alicia with the squad.

Say what you want about how Sevens feel about Alicia after discovering her valkyria powers, but where is the concept of a "band of brothers" (and sisters if we talk about the many girls in the squad)? Did Michiko Yokote completely forget about that to make Sevens turn their backs on Alicia so quickly? In any war story, this concept of strong bonds of brotherhood/sisterhood is extremely important to exploit (because it's a real deal!) and only an idiot wouldn't understand that.

When I see Alicia crying like that, without receiving more support from her own comrades and friends since months... I say that's pathetic to see how the writer is an utter ignorant of life.
Well the writer is completely ignorant of war, thats for sure since the bound you build with other with whom you risk your life on daily basis is much harder to break.

Thats why I find RedWing' comparison incorrect, because he talks about normal life situations while war builds experience that is different from normal. Thats why the whole sudden alienation thing looks like a very poorly written and unrealistic attempt for tension from an incapable scrip writer.