View Single Post
Old 2012-08-18, 11:13   Link #28
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagecat View Post
@Skane
I don't think BK needed Megumi to beat Sulfur Pot. I do, however, believe that she made it a lot easier.
Same. At no point did it really feel like KYH was at a major disadvantage or in danger of losing the fight, Megumi just ended up coming into the game to meet her instead of forcing her to come back out as a sort of gesture that she's willing to step into KYH's hidden world and be a part of it instead of just standing their moping. She's kind of obsessed with Hime on a creepy level after all. Small potatoes personal problems compared to what's going on back in the main story though.

About my only issue with her part in this really was that they never really explained how she was a burst linker and how exactly she forgot about Brain Burst and how she remembered how to play and what her special skil was the second she went back in. Maybe that's for later on down the road who knows.

Anyway am I the only person that feels that her ability is not that OP and could easily backfire. Granted it could fuck over a ton of people in the zone, but it could also switch the battlefield to an element your team is not equipped to handle. Also the juries out on whether she has any offensive abilities at all. It kind of looks like one of those context sensitive high risk gamble abilities.

It's obvious to me that there's something going on in Accel World beyond just the stalemate between the Kings right now. Noumi and Sulfur Pot both appear to have abilities they shouldn't have, back doors and exploits are being slowly revealed like the Incarnate System and the twins power to communicate almost telepathically and form a pseudo-wireless connection to the game world, Sulfur Pot doing something similar by playing from Tokyo, whisperings of other people like Noumi and Sulfur Pot. Sounds like a bonafide conspiracy and setup for a second season if you ask me.