Thread: Crunchyroll Neo Angelique Abyss S1 & S2
View Single Post
Old 2008-04-14, 18:57   Link #33
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
I'm with everyone else in hoping Angelique won't become a brainless damsel-in-distress, but since she was studying to become a doctor, I hope she has a doctor's brains somewhere in her pretty little head....
Well, we know she's not brainless, even if her manner is very, uh, feminine. And she is in fact the one who always rescues her rescuers, since she is the biggest cannon. I love the fundamental myth here of the gentle, retiring person who has the greatest power, and can use it when necessary, despite her reticence.

I thoroughly enjoyed ep2. The standard plot, with a few neat touches, and everything, as domino says, so "shiny." I loved the fanservice of all kinds: bishounen, bishounen's rear view, Angie's "absolute territory," basically all of the costumes, especially Angie's boots, and even the architectural fanservice of the house, the grounds, and her room (right down to a tea-set waiting for her, lol). You could say this show is shameless in catering to its target audience. But that goes for all successful anime, doesn't it? And this show seems to be spreading the fanservice far and wide, perhaps attracting new audiences?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote