View Single Post
Old 2010-07-03, 12:29   Link #47
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Their relationship doesn't seem to make much sense either. Though I suppose we can always assume they simply grew up together, or something like that.
Spoiler for Cross-reference game vs. Episode 1 (no future spoilers):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Even for a first episode, there's no conflict at all, nothing really happened. [...] Still, looking at the last minute of the show previews it seems that there is going to be some plot and even action, so I'm looking forward for that. Not setting my hopes too high, though.
I would just say to keep in mind that this is a comedy first and foremost. It's really only a parody of an RPG. I guess I would say it's 60% comedy/fluff, 20% romance (we'll see for the anime), and 20% drama/plot. So as long as you're okay with that "formula" and don't expect it'll all of a sudden change into a different beast entirely, then you might be okay with the show. The one thing I can't accuse this show of being is overly-ambitious; it seems like it knows what it's trying to do and is sticking with it. For a 12-episode show, I don't think that's a bad thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
I never played the game on hearing how slow the plot is, and it seems like the anime reflects it. Well, the time spent watching the anime will be a LOT shorter than that if I played the game, so I'll stick with the anime.
Without getting into it, how slow the plot mostly depends on how many optional quests you decide to do (if you're a completionist, the first chapter can definitely can take a long time). But the anime itself appears to be sort of like a highlight reel on fast forward, and is only 12 episodes, so yeah -- you'll get the basics, anyway.