View Single Post
Old 2012-09-02, 06:35   Link #188
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
It happens not just in variety shows. I've seen pranks being played on the news as well, but the point I'm making is that this happens a lot in the entertainment industry for the sake of grabbing some limelight. Ichiki himself also stated in his blog entry that it's part of the job.
My point is that the nature of certain shows where pranking is acceptable, that one is willing to accept the risk of such. However, this isn't one of them; the degree of this prank is beyond that of throwing a pie in someone's face.

Quote:
As to the second statement, that's also why I consider this whole incident to have been blown out of proportion by the internet brigade. If the incident had simply been allowed to lay low, it would only be known by a select few such as Sugita. But now that it's all over the internet, his reputation is absolutely tarnished. Ichiki will forever be marked as a guy who can't take a joke and rebels against the animation studio he's working for. Which director would want to hire him now?
Perhaps a director with professionalism and integrity.

And yes, the internet has blown it out of proportion. Perhaps whoever thought of this should have considered the nature of the internet.

One with a brain to not diffuse the blame on the victim. "Can't take a joke?" "Rebels?" I can't imagine it'd be read as this. If said person had aggressively complained and campaigned it would certainly reduce his value.

Yes, the internet has blown it out of proportion. Perhaps whoever thought of this should have considered the nature of the internet.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews