View Single Post
Old 2012-10-16, 22:51   Link #155
Oroboro
Endless Sorceror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmem View Post
It's a difficult question to answer without spoilers, finish watching the available anime :P

now I've been having this weird thought. so after a few weeks pass after SAO started, thousands of people have already died, that's thousands of NERVEGEAR helmets freed up for research in fully gov't funded (probably heavily privately funded as well) research to figure out how to get the rest of the trapped people out without killing them. now you mean to tell me the entire nation of Japan can't figure out this one puzzle over YEARS? I would've just put maybe 10 or 20 on manequins, turn them on and shoot parts with a gun or hit it with a hammer lol, eventually I'd find the right place to hit to disable the "microwave emitting" chip
If I had to hazard a guess, the microwave pulse probably fries the rest of the systems, as well as the booby traps that are likely in places, making used NervGears worthless hunks of junk.

For the gunshot option... too dangerous, maybe? Danger of a shockwave trauma / shrapnel to the brain, whatever.
Oroboro is offline   Reply With Quote