View Single Post
Old 2013-08-06, 07:13   Link #3
Arczyx
None. ない. Nihil.

No one discussing this? It's really good, one of the most political manga I've ever seen. Mahmut is getting more and more awesome every chapter, with the plot thickening.

Although it's a pity there is no main heroine (not counting Mahmut in a drag). Well, it's probably because the presence of a heroine would ruin the overall feeling of the story, as well as diverting the plot focus from politics. Nevertheless, I still want a main heroine. All the major female characters are very interesting though.

And trying to answer a question from long time ago:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
I find it amusing that our pretty boy hero Mahmut has such a "reputation" among the peoples in this world. He had a busy, but not exactly the most successful career -- a demoted military leader, a diplomat and witness to the fall of Byzantium, an agent for his "rival's" spy network, and now a convenient scapegoat leader for an unlikely counterrevolution. All the time he has to react against constant twists from the plot, never really getting to do his own thing. Yet the way everyone treats him it's almost as if they expect him to be a serious threat or a valuable potential ally, his nation's favorite son and someone destined someday to become one of its great leaders. Or something. There are even plays of his "heroic deeds" already!
Perhaps it's because he was very young when he was appointed as a pasha, meaning he is a genius of some sort. A young genius as a pasha (and then get demoted immediately)? The public will surely love that, with the other officials/rulers getting cautious of this rising star.

Or maybe the official/ruler in SnA world is just different with those in typical shounen manga, they actually treat others respectfully regardless of age and reputation (after all, it wouldn't hurt).

Anyway, this series definitely needs more love.